I would like to bring your attention to two new resources for your Year-End Estate Tax Planning:
Planning Opportunities Not to Miss in 2012A Free Estate Planning Webinar for American Families and Businesses
Recording now available! (Live event took place Friday, Nov. 16, 2012)
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity exists through year end. Are you prepared to capture this opportunity? This webcast will help you gain a deeper understanding of why you need to immediately leverage certain wealth transfer strategies that will not likely be available in the future. Fill out the form below to access the recorded webinar.
You’ll learn and gain valuable insight on:
- What you can expect following the outcome of the November 6 elections.
- Strategies to use if you expect the $5 million exemption to decrease, including Spousal Access Trusts and Family Bank Trusts.
- Techniques for gifting your residence at a discount: Qualified Personal Residence Trusts and sales to Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts (IDGTs)
- Using Family Holding Companies to reduce taxes, protect assets, and retain control when passing your business to your loved ones.
- Looking ahead to 2013 and the increased use of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts ― the “Swiss Army Knife” of estate planning.
The current estate planning and tax laws have created a number of opportunities for you to transfer significant amounts of wealth before the end of 2012.
The Closing Wealth Transfer Window is an informative eBook providing a brief summary of the Bush-era tax cuts scheduled to expire on December 31. It explains in simple terms what that means to Americans who plan to transfer assets to their children in the future, and discusses strategies to optimize the record lows in estate and gift exemptions, interest rates, and the real estate and securities markets. A tremendous resource.